• Happy Summer!

• Don't forget, late start for finals this Thursday, Friday, and Monday, with school starting normally on Tuesday

• Last day of school is June 20th

• Girls Break High Jump Record 4.61m

Spring Sports Is Back

Alyssa Curran, Contributor

As tryout week came to an end last week, spring sports are now training for their home openers. Both the boys and girls lacrosse teams open the spring season as they set out to play North Middlesex on Tuesday April,4th. Both teams come from losing records last year, but a change in the program is an approaching accomplishment. Both the boys and girls teams have dropped from Mid-Wach A to Mid-Wach B. Be on the lookout for future league champs this season! The face off starts at 4pm on Tuesday April 4 at home for the boys so come cheer on our fellow Chieftains to kick off the season. Good luck to the girls team as they travel to Townsend to face NM as well.  Boys and Girls track finally made it outside to the track after all the snow melted this week. They have been training hard throughout the winter, so stop by the track on meet days to catch an exciting event hosted at Nashoba this Spring and cheer on your classmates!

Softball and Baseball have been fighting for turf time this week as the snow is holding back their fields. The baseball team participated in a tournament last weekend in the Cape as they faced many tough competitors. They came away from the weekend 4-0-3. The team looks ambitious and is vying for yet another post-season appearance this May. The girls softball team, on the other hand, have been working hard in the cold. Scrimmages will be held at Nashoba next week to help them prepare for their season. The girls begin their season on April 7th against Acton/Boxboro for a home opener. Come support the ladies as they pitch for the first time this year! The kick off for Baseball is April 10th and is also a home opener. Come and support the boys as they face Westborough to start their season.

Best Buddies track has also begun this week as they run full speed into their season! The Best Buddies track team is a great way to make friends, be competitive, and work out with some of the coolest kids at Nashoba! You don’t have to be an official member of Best Buddies to join, and it’s never too late to join. If interested contact Club Directors Mckenna Hannigan and/or Emily Ruthier for more information. Check out Nashoba’s Best Buddies Instagram for updates on how the team does.

As Spring sports are now in full spring, make sure you stay updated with all things sports related by following NashobaAd on Instagram and Twitter! Come and earn cup points at certain games as well and be sure to cheer on friends and classmates this spring season.