Cat Returned to Owner After 12 Years!

Katie Soto, Contributor

In Redbridge, London, Sue Hopkins, a mother-of-three, brought home  a little tortoiseshell cat named Hermione in 2004. Unfortunately, after she got the cat, it ran way. Sue was devastated at the lost at first, but decided to find her pet and never gave up hope. Sue apparently had a microchip in her cat so that she could call the company to locate her pet for the next few years. According to GoodNews, Sue would always contact the company for any updates about her missing cat. Sue commented, “My daughter would always ask me why I kept calling to get updated details,” she said. “But it only takes 30 seconds to pick up the phone and update the details so just because of that one in a million chance I thought I would keep doing it.”

One day while the RSPCA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) were looking, they found at cat in  Billericay, Essex that died around a month earlier. As it turned out, it wasn’t Sue’s cat. A few days later, Hermione was found and made sure the microchip traced back to Sue’s address. RSPCA cat welfare expert, Dr Samantha Gaines said, “This is an incredible story which shows Sue’s dedication and commitment to never give up on seeing her again.”

Dr Samantha Gaines also mentioned in GoodNews that while it is the law to have only dogs micro-chipped, the RSPCA recommends that other pets such as cats can have a microchip as well.

http://goodnewsshared.com/2017/09/08/missing-cat-returned-home-12-years-owner-refused-give-hope/

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Cat Returned to Owner After 12 Years!”

1. Ms. Foley on December 4th, 2017 10:16 am

This is cool. Amazing heat-warming story!

2. Leah Farinella on December 4th, 2017 10:25 am

This article was so nice to read. I love that there is a happy feel good article on the Chieftain Press. It had good background and was very engaging. Nice title too. It made my day!

• Cat Returned to Owner After 12 Years!

Health

Real Talk- Sleep Deprivation

• Cat Returned to Owner After 12 Years!

1.5 Million Former Felons Regain Right to Vote in Florida

• Uncategorized

food drive

• Uncategorized

Red Sox

• Uncategorized

Girls Soccer

• Uncategorized

Football

• Cat Returned to Owner After 12 Years!

Where Are They Now: Bailey Hollis

• Cat Returned to Owner After 12 Years!

• Uncategorized

Sammie Catalano

• Uncategorized

Football

Cat Returned to Owner After 12 Years!