“Falling” for Nashoba Choirs

Caitlin Murch, Contributor

People are raving about Nashoba’s annual fall choir concert. On Friday, November 3rd, music lovers filled in to hear the Nashoba choirs sing their hearts out. A total of six ensembles performed that night including  Chamber Choir, Broadway Women’s choir, Concert Choir, A Cappella club and Unified choir. Each group delivered anywhere from three to six choral pieces with song titles including Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy, Scarborough Fair, and Somewhere. Each performance got overwhelming amounts of praise. Audience member and student Shoni Martin says, “I was very impressed, it was super fun and I loved every song.”

Groups have improved greatly since last year’s performance. Choir director Rachel Glenister says that this first concert was the “BEST ONE put on by students during [her] three years here at Nashoba.” “I have seen such a growth in musicianship and an ability to learn music more quickly, and I hope to see these groups continue to grow in their musical skills and expression in future concerts.”

Despite a football game occurring at the same time, the turnout for this concert was impressive with a number of parents, students, and faculty attending. Brianna Ankstitus, a member of concert choir says that “it’s great to see that other people also appreciate the hard work and outcome that comes with being in choir.” The year is just starting for Nashoba choirs with even more concerts to come including the annual holiday concert scheduled to take place on December 15th at 7:00pm. Be sure to come out and support Nashoba choirs at their next event!

1 Comment

One Response to ““Falling” for Nashoba Choirs”

1. Elena Naze on December 4th, 2017 10:32 am

No one ever goes to chorus concerts so it’s nice to get a publicity boost. It’s a nice recap from the concert and a promo for the upcoming band and choir concert on the 15th. You captured the spirit and enthusiasm of the event well, so people should go to the next concert!

• “Falling” for Nashoba Choirs

• “Falling” for Nashoba Choirs

Halloween Activities Other Than Trick or Treating

• “Falling” for Nashoba Choirs

• “Falling” for Nashoba Choirs

• “Falling” for Nashoba Choirs

• “Falling” for Nashoba Choirs

Best Buddies Walk 2018

• “Falling” for Nashoba Choirs

Be More Chill Announces its Broadway Debut

• “Falling” for Nashoba Choirs

5sos: Meet You There Tour

• “Falling” for Nashoba Choirs

Born for This: Made for Broadway

• “Falling” for Nashoba Choirs

Summer Fun is Just Around the Corner

“Falling” for Nashoba Choirs