An American in the Royal Family

Eva Ricci, Chief Editor

On Monday, November 27th, the British royal palace announced the engagement of Prince Harry to the American actress, Meghan Markle. The wedding has been planned for the spring of 2018, rumored to take place after the third royal baby of Prince William and Kate is born.

The two have been reportedly dating since 2016, and met as a result of a mutual friend. Markle, 36, is most well known for her role in the TV show, “Suits”. Although their engagement has been met with much excitement among the royal family and many around the world, to some, this is a subject of controversy.

Markle will be the first American woman, with a previous divorce, to marry into the royal family in 81 years. Throughout the time that the two have been together, the media has been critical of their relationship. Despite this, the couple has the blessing of Markle’s family and the Queen herself, and they are excited to spend the rest of their lives together.

Prince Charles, the father of William and Harry, released the royal statement claiming that he is “delighted” to announce their engagement.

Photo Courtesy of TMZ

The palace also released a statement on behalf of Markle’s parents stating that they “….wish them a lifetime of happiness and are very excited for their future together”.

As for the ring, it is a very sentimental piece to Harry. CNN reports, “The couple’s time in Botswana is represented on Markle’s finger, as the primary stone on her engagement ring was sourced from the African nation. The smaller diamonds on the side of the ring came from his mother’s jewelry collection”.

As for where the couple will reside, the royal palace states that they will be living in Nottingham Cottage, on the property of Kensington Palace.

Their engagement has been met with excitement from many all over the world, and developments regarding the wedding will arise in the future.

As the royal family continues to expand, the world is excited to watch, to see what the future holds.

Sources:

Ring image: http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/27/meghan-markle-prince-harry-engaged-engagement-ring-appearance/

Featured image: http://www.hindustantimes.com/tv/here-s-the-ring-prince-harry-meghan-markle-pose-for-the-cameras-after-engagement-announcement/story-I31dWI9dZwdefI42SRTumN.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/27/europe/prince-harry-meghan-markle-bbc-interview-engagement/index.html

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/11/27/16705282/meghan-markle-prince-harry-engagement-royal-family

2 Comments

2 Responses to “An American in the Royal Family”

1. Amanda Solomon on December 4th, 2017 10:19 am

Very good article! Good information and nice pictures!

2. Trinity Cortes on December 4th, 2017 10:20 am

This article was very clearly and precisely written. It provided relevant and unbiased information, and focused on an interesting topic. I enjoyed how you gave it a positive spin by including how excited their families were, despite their engagement receiving some backlash.

• An American in the Royal Family

Teacher Feature: Mrs. d’Entremont

• An American in the Royal Family

Series

This Week in Happy- Whatever MEANS it Takes to Feed the Hungry

• An American in the Royal Family

The Oust of Jeff Sessions

• An American in the Royal Family

The Lip Dub Returns to Nashoba

• An American in the Royal Family

Sports

The Fall of the Seattle Seahawks

• An American in the Royal Family

A Diamond in the Ruff- German Shepherds

• An American in the Royal Family

Health

Take A Hike- Mount Monadnock

• An American in the Royal Family

Developments in the Race for Georgia Governor

• An American in the Royal Family

1.5 Million Former Felons Regain Right to Vote in Florida

• An American in the Royal Family

An American in the Royal Family