Stranger Things is Renewed for Season 3

Amanda Solomon, Contributor

On Friday, December 1st, fans of the hit Netflix show Stranger Things received great news. According to Huffpost, the streaming service tweeted “Should we make another season of Stranger Things?” with a poll so that followers could vote on it. Two minutes later, they followed up with “FOR THE LOVE OF STEVE, DUH! So hold tight baby darts – season 3 is officially happening.” The poll is now at an 87% yes and only 13% no, so it is obvious that the people are very happy about season 3 in the works.

With the momentous success of the first two seasons of Stranger Things, it is no surprise that Netflix green lighted a third season. According to Nielsen, 361,000 people watched the entire second season on the first day it came out. Just 3 days after the release, 15.8 million people had seen at least the first episode. Season 1 also did very well, getting 18 Emmy nominations last award season and winning five. Season 2 hasn’t been through the award show cycle yet, but it has gotten very positive reviews so it is looking good. Both seasons have a 94% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

As for season 3, it is still in the very early stages, with no official release date yet. However, it is reportedly still being written, so it is possible that we won’t be able to see it until 2019. That hasn’t stopped fans from already theorizing about what will happen, spurred on by the tiny bits of information that the Duffer Brothers, the creators of the show, have divulged. For one thing, it has been confirmed that there will be a one year time jump between seasons, just like between seasons one and two. “It will have to be somewhat of a time gap, because the kids are, I mean, they already look so much older,” Ross Duffer said.“[Caleb Mclaughlin, who plays Lucas] sounds like a man now. It creeps me out. He’s going to be driving to set next year. It seems very wrong,” Matt Duffer added. “The minute I see Caleb drive up, I’m probably going to pass out.”

Matt has also hinted that the next season will focus more on character development than scale.  “It’s not necessarily going to be bigger in scale. What I am really excited about is giving these characters an interesting journey to go on”, he said, according to Digital Spy. Then there are the hints left at the end of Season 2 (do not continue reading if you haven’t finished season 2!). Judging by the last shot of the show, the Mind Flayer is still present and will likely return as a threat in season 3. Then there are the things still left open after the final episode of Stranger Things 2: what will come of Eleven and Mike’s relationship after the Snowball? Will Hopper and Joyce ever happen? Is Dustin going to be jealous of Lucas and Max, and what will happen to fan favorite character Steve? With all of these unresolved issues, the Duffer Brothers will have plenty to work with for the highly anticipated season 3.

1 Comment

One Response to “Stranger Things is Renewed for Season 3”

1. Meghan on December 15th, 2017 7:12 pm

So informative!!!

[Reply]

• Stranger Things is Renewed for Season 3

Blumhouse’s Truth Or Dare: Movie Review

Lights Camera Action Annual Conference

Spotlight: Allie Stuckey

The First True Star Trek, Fifty-One Years in the Making

“The King and I” Comes to Nashoba This Weekend

• A&E

Nashoba’s Reid Young: Makes the News

The Bachelor Narrows Down to the Final Two

Chieftain Press Views The Post

Once on This Island: A Broadway Must-See

“Life Changes” Album Review

Stranger Things is Renewed for Season 3