Lacrosse Season is Here

Nashoba's Owen Fay in action during the game against Marlboro on Tuesday, April 25, 2017. SENTINEL & ENTERPRISE / Ashley Green

Ashley Green

Ashley Green

Sarah Newton, Editor

Spring sports have started up once again this year. Tryouts have ended and the team decisions have been made, congratulations to everyone who made the teams. Over the past couple of years the boys lacrosse team has been known to not have the most outstanding record, but hopefully this year with senior captain Aiden Gross, Bryce Chaput and junior captains Kam Gilchrist, and Brendan Lee,  their season will have a different out come. The team made it into the playoffs last year, and hopefully they are able to pull it off this year again and make it even father than they did last.

Last year the Lacrosse team gained a new head coach Mathew Biggs. According to the Sentinel & Enterprise “[Biggs] was a member of the 2010 Division 3A state champion Oakmont Regional hockey team and also competed on Arthur I. Hurd Memorial Field as a member of the Spartans’ lacrosse team”. Biggs has a good amount of experience in the Sport and working with a team.

The team has high hopes for their season this year and they are looking forward to making it to playoffs again this year, and trying to make it even further than last year. The boys play their first game against Algonquin on Tuesday April 3rd at 4:00 pm. Come out and support the team on the turf.