Prom: The Junior Class’ Northern Star

Samantha Catalano, Contributor

The snow has melted, the boots have been put away, and prom season has come upon us. This year, the prom is being held at Mechanics Hall in Worcester, and the members of the class of 2019 are looking forward to their formal “Night in Paris”. With May 19th just under a month away, the junior class is getting more and more excited each day.

Prom has been a popular subject among the lunch tables, in the group chats, and at the lockers. Girls have carefully selected their perfect dresses, and, by now, we hope the boys have picked out a tuxedo and tie. While awaiting the highly anticipated date of May 19th, it is not only the junior class that is entertained with the prospect of prom, as the underclassman prepare to see all of the girls and their dazzling dresses and sharply dressed men, while seniors reminisce about their prom memories. Nevertheless, this time of beautiful weather summons the prom spirit and brings joy to the halls of Nashoba.

Prom, in American culture, is like a rite of passage; it is a major landmark in the high school experience, and the preparation can be quite time-consuming. As the Class of 2019 is sent off to Mechanics Hall, an enjoyable time remains as a guiding star to forge ahead in junior year. With the stress of college and standardized testing consuming much of the energy of the juniors, prom is something that pulls these students through this intense year and motivates them to keep pushing.

However, for some, prom adds a bit more stress to junior year. Class officers, staff, and other members of the community have been putting much of their own time into planning prom, and that effort should not go unnoticed. Be sure to show your appreciation for their hard work to put together this amazing night.

Finally, the Chieftain Press would like to send the best of luck to the class of 2019 on this highly-anticipated night. Be sure to have fun and stay safe.