Filed under Showcase, Sports

The Chieftains take down the Tyngsboro Tigers

pexels.com

pexels.com

The Nashoba Boys Varsity Lacrosse team took down the Tyngsboro Tigers this past Tuesday at home with a score of 13-3. The last time they played the Tigers they beat them 10-0. The Chieftains now have a record of 7-4 and will be taking on North Middlesex tonight at 7:00 pm at home on the turf.

Tuesday’s game had strong performances from the start. Right off the bat, the Chieftains top scorer, Number 1 Bryce Chaput, put a point on the board just a few minutes in, assisted by senior, number 7, Bennet MacGregor. This was followed by a second unassisted goal by Bryce just seconds later.

Number 5, junior Rory Boots, put another point on the board for the Chieftains. The Chieftains demonstrated amazing passing skills while near the Tigers net throughout the game. Number 4, junior Kam Gilchrest, had a terrific game in the net making save after save consecutively throughout the game. Number 12, sophomore, Sam Vanesse, ran around the Tyngsboro defense putting the ball into the back of the net. Chaput ended the first period with a hat trick  making the score for the first period 5-0.

Chaput told the Chieftain Press how if felt to score another hat trick. “It was nice, but we got the win and that was on my mind as well as all of my teammates”. Chaput is the highest scorer for the Chieftains and this was the second game of the season where he came one goal away from scoring two hat tricks.

Starting off the score in the second period, Chaput scored by putting the ball right through the Tigers goalies legs. This was another unassisted goal, which made 4 goals for the assistant captain. Gilchrest continued having an amazing game in goal as he continued to keep the Tigers from scoring. The ball was once again taken down to the opposite side of the field for Chaput to get his 5th goal of the afternoon, which was assisted by number 15, sophomore, Aiden Lee.

Tyngsboro put one point on the board before the end of the second quarter, which was followed by a goal from number 6, sophomore, Mike Henderson. This goal ended the first half with the Chieftains on top 8-1.

As the Chieftains moved into the second half, number 14, junior Luke McConnell, took over the score board with a hat trick of his own during the 3rd quarter. McConnell scored two back to back goals, the second of which was assisted by Chaput. Those goals were followed by another goal from Vanesse, that was his second goal of the game. Henderson also put his second point on the board. Those two goals were followed by McConnell getting his hat trick. This was McConnells first game back after being out for the last four games with a shoulder injury that he sustained during a game against Shrewsbury two weeks ago.  McConnell said, “it felt great to score a hat trick. It felt good to be back after missing four games”. The Chieftains ended the third 13-1.

The fourth quarter went scoreless for the Chieftains, but the Tigers managed to put two goals into the net putting the final score at 13-3. Senior, number 26, Graham Chapman, who contributed to the win, told the Chieftain Press how he felt the team is doing this season.  ” We get together as a team really well and we’re always pushing each other to get better. We’re hungry for a playoffs and what the future holds for Nashoba Lacrosse”.

Chaput talked about the game they will be playing on Thursday. “As long as we play our game for the four quarters, we should end up with the win”. Don’t forget to go out and support the boys on tonight at 7!