Summer Fun is Just Around the Corner

Pexels.com

Pexels.com

Leo Lukaszevicz, Contributor

If you’re sitting at home, in the heat, wondering what to do this summer, here are a few ideas to keep you busy! All of these fun attractions are a convenient, close, drive from the school.

One of the places that Nashoba kids love visiting is the new Apex Entertainment Center. Located at 21 Apex Drive, Marlborough, Apex has tons of attractions, including bumper cars, a ropes course, an arcade, bowling, laser tag, go-kart racing, and sports simulations. They also have The Pit Stop Tavern, where you can grab a meal ranging from chicken tenders to a  fresh Mediterranean salad. Now they are starting $2 Tuesdays! Two dollar Bowling, two dollar Fries, and even a two dollar Bumper Car ride. Apex is open Monday through Thursday from 11:30 am to 9 pm, Friday from 11:30 am to midnight, Saturday from 10 am to midnight and on Sunday from 10 am to 9 pm.

Another fun activity is Davis’ Farmland corn Mega Maze. Each year they grow a new design and each day they change the routes so two days are never the same in the maze. All day in the maze can make you hungry, and you’re in luck! They have seven different food tents, varying from the All American Grill to the Slushie Shack. There is also live music from 4:30 to 7:30 each day the maze is running. Located at 142 Redstone Hill Rd, Sterling, the maze is open to people of all ages! The opening date and prices will be announced soon at http://davismegamaze.com/plan

If it’s too hot outside, head over to Puzzlescape Rooms and get locked in a room. Puzzlescape is a collection of seven different escape rooms to choose from. Each room is different with a unique backstory and theme. Rooms range from Watson’s Revenge to another called King Arthur’s Quest. The largest room can take a maximum of ten people, so bring your friends. Located at 45 Main St #301, Hudson, Puzzlescape is open from Monday through Wednesday 12 pm to 5 pm, Thursday 12 pm to 11:30 pm, Friday and Saturday 12 pm to 12 am, and Sunday 1 pm to 10 pm.

A good idea for a late night out with friends is the Strand Theater. The movie theater is owned by the director of the performances here at Nashoba, Bill Grady. The Strand is different from other theaters because instead of just eating popcorn during the movie, you can grab a pizza. They offer a full menu that includes nachos and burgers, meatball subs and pizza with an endless list of toppings. They now are offering a 2018 strand pass which is only thirty dollars. The theater is located at 58 High St, Clinton, MA, and starting times depend on your movie. They recommend getting there early so you don’t have to wait in line for food.

The last place you should definitely plan on visiting is the Rota Spring Ice Cream farm in Sterling! Located at 117 Chace Hill Rd, Sterling, the ice cream farm has over 50 different creative types of ice cream including Reversed Chocolate Chip and Ruby’s & Onyx. The farm has goats to feed, a little farm store, and amazing staff. Rota’s is open everyday, 11:30 am to 9:30 pm.

Now, you have no excuse for sitting in your room; get out there Nashoba and enjoy your summer!