• Homecoming football game this Friday 10/12 vs North Middlesex. Kick off at 7pm!

Playing in Pink

@nashobaAD

@nashobaAD

Seviya Mast, Contributor

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and two Nashoba girls sports teams honored it by putting on “Pink Nights.” Volleyball Pink Night was Tuesday, October 2nd and Field Hockey Pink Night was Wednesday, October 3rd.

Both the Varsity and JV Volleyball teams won their game against Leominster. The team sold baked goods and bracelets in order to raise money and also organized a 50-50 raffle between the second and third games that freshman Isabelle Cote won.

The volleyball captains this year are Brie Donahue, Jen Andronico, and Sophia Naroian. Naroian said about Pink Night, “It has been an important tradition on our team because everyone knows someone who has been affected by cancer in some way. Pink Night is also a great way to bring our community together.” The win on Pink Night was very important for the team because it qualified them for playoffs. Naroian spoke of their great season so far, “We are also 5-0 in our league which is really exciting.” The team raised $580 this year, donating to the American Cancer Society.

The Varsity Field Hockey team beat Groton-Dunstable 7-0. Captain Natalie Brown scored the first two points as well as the fourth. Freshman Allie Jones scored her first Varsity point, the last point of the game. Junior Varsity also won their game, 6-0.

The field hockey team raised money by selling shirts and sweatshirts, and collecting donations. They raised about $800 for Pink Revolution, an organization that gives financial help to women for wigs and other materials that provide support for people with breast cancer.