• Homecoming football game this Friday 10/12 vs North Middlesex. Kick off at 7pm!

New addition to Music

Lish Ventura, Correspondent

After fifteen years, we had to say goodbye to the beloved Mr. O’Toole who taught music at Nashoba, and welcome a new band teacher to take on the list of responsibilities: Mr. McCarthy. He has been contributing positively to the music program so far, and the reaction to this new teacher has been fantastic among his students.

“He knows what he is doing,” says John Atkinson, a senior who takes three of McCarthy’s classes, “he makes the class a good time, but you learn something out of it.”

Other student’s can attest to the fact that he’s both a great person and teacher!

“He is really goofy, and you can easily level with him,” Alice Bennett responded, a sophomore in concert band.

But who is Mr. McCarthy? Let’s dig a little deeper and find out what makes him unique. Mr. McCarthy graduated from UMASS Lowell, where he received both a bachelor’s and master’s degree in music education. He has been teaching for a total of eight years, three of which included being in a classroom, and doing activities like marching band. Previous schools Mr. McCarthy has been involved in include, Northbridge, Shepard Hill, Oakmount, Methuen, Tewksbury and North Andover.

Mr. McCarthy has the same reaction to Nashoba as Nashoba does to him: he really likes it here.

“Everyone here is extremely welcoming,” he says excitedly. “It’s definitely a community that you guys have set up, and its been great.”

Make sure to introduce yourself because it looks like Mr. McCarthy is here for the long run!