• Good luck on all finals!

Nashoba Swim Team Records Crashing In

Kristen Nash

Nashoba Swim Team came in with a big splash this year. Being its 3rd year as a varsity sport, the team has come a long way. The recent co-op creation with Marlborough and Hudson, proved to be a sensational idea.

Over the course of the past month, the swim team has achieved over 10 records. Nashoba has had some incredibly close meets, although they have not gone home with a win yet, they still have three more weeks to make up for their losses.

Not only are those records plastered in the swimmer’s minds, but they are also pinned up on the wall of the upper gym for all to see. Now the swim team can bask in their glory of accomplishments because the addition of their record board.

Nashoba Swim Team is overjoyed at the fact that their achievements are on display in their school. On the day of the board’s release, Nashoba Athletics tweeted “The new swimming & diving record board is up on the gym!”

Some records that the Nashoba Swim Team put forth was Gillian Campbell’s 200 Yard Freestyle with a  time of 2:20:35, Liam Grosses 200 Yard Freestyle of 2:07:39. Nick Tesini and Andrew Romasco had impressive times of 1:09:18 and 1:15:22 for 100 Yard Butterfly and 100 Yard Backstroke.

Tim St. Denis, Nashoba Swim Team’s only diver, beat his own previous 1M diving record with a score of 180.00. According to @nashobaswim “[Tim] is one step closer to qualifying for sectionals!”

Not only did many people qualify for league meet, but Steven Jiang is the first on the swim team to make sectionals.

With just three weeks until League Championships, the swim team is cracking down on practices and preparing themselves for the big competition. Captain Meredith Nash stated, “After three weeks of intense practices both in the water and out, we’re slowly moving into our taper, which means League meet is right around the corner. Even though it’s been a short season, I think we’re definitely ready.”

Swim Team has a home meet this Friday, January 16 at Atkinson Pool in Sudbury against Gardner. Come support the team!