Top 3 Best Feminists

Jackie Souza, Contributor

Feminist,equality of the sexes. For centuries women have fought for their rights, so here are the top three women who have fought until death for their rights along with some women who are alive now and will never stop fighting.

Mary Wollstonecraft. She was an English writer and advocate for women’s rights. Her career was short but memorable, she is best known for her story “A Vindication of the Rights of Women”. In this story she states that the only reason women could possible be lesser than man is because women did not have the proper education. She puts out the idea that women and men should be treated the same and be given the same education, that a women is more than just a wife.

Emma Watson. The female was named a U.N Women Goodwill Ambassador; she has had much success with spreading that to be a feminist you don’t have to be a woman nor a “man hater” it’s merely about equal rights.

She says, “Why is the word such an uncomfortable one? I am from Britain and think it is right that as a woman I am paid the same as my male counterparts. I think it is right that I should be able to make decisions about my own body. I think it is right that women be involved on my behalf in the policies and decision-making of my country. I think it is right that socially I am afforded the same respect as men. But sadly I can say that there is no one country in the world where all women can expect to receive these rights.”

This was just one of the many powerful quotes Watson has said that has really changed the way people have thought about feminism. She has created an amazing campaign called “HeForShe” where one can take a pledge to stand up for gender equality, donate to help the UN’s women’s efforts to eliminate gender inequality, and learn more about the campaign.

Finally, Laura Bates. Bates is a British feminist writer and has created the “Everyday Sexism Project”, a social media platform where examples of sexism is recorded. Bates has also helped with the Women Under Siege project, and won the Ultimate New Feminist Award in the cosmopolitan magazine.