Patriots Hot Start, After Long Summer

FOXBORO, MA - JANUARY 10:  Tom Brady #12 of the New England Patriots runs onto the field with teammates before the 2015 AFC Divisional Playoffs game against the Baltimore Ravens at Gillette Stadium on January 10, 2015 in Foxboro, Massachusetts.  (Photo by Jim Rogash/Getty Images)

FOXBORO, MA - JANUARY 10: Tom Brady #12 of the New England Patriots runs onto the field with teammates before the 2015 AFC Divisional Playoffs game against the Baltimore Ravens at Gillette Stadium on January 10, 2015 in Foxboro, Massachusetts. (Photo by Jim Rogash/Getty Images)

Getty Images

Getty Images

Ethan Missaggia, Contributor

After a long summer dealing with deflate-gate, Tom Brady and the New England Patriots are entering the 2015-2016 season with a 2-0 start, and have a large chip on their shoulder. The Pats are the 2015 Super Bowl champions, but many think they don’t deserve this title. Back in February, the Pats were accused of letting air out of a football during the AFC championship game which they won over the Indianapolis Colts bringing them to a Super Bowl victory. Commissioner Roger Goodell rode this thing to the bitter end, trying to ensure Tom Brady was rightfully punished. The case was taken all the way to court after Tom refused to admit to any wrong doing, and he later won. No one thought they would be able to have a good start after a summer like that, but Tom Brady tends to prove wrong.

The Patriots are showing no mercy in the early stages of the NFL season; they believe that they were wrongly accused and were over-punished. A Pats lover says “There are players beating their wives and girlfriends and they get 4 games, we let air out of a football, Brady gets four games and much more”. Tom Brady is trying to stick it to the NFL by showing no mercy and torching his opponents through the first three weeks. The Steelers never even stood a chance against the Pats. Big Ben only threw one touchdown, and it was a 4th quarter pity score. Next, we travel to Buffalo to face the very cocky Bills, whom thought the Pats would be a cake walk. Although it was only an 8 point Pats win, Buffalo fell way short. Lastly, we have the Jags, the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Patriots didn’t let up a single inch through out the whole game getting touchdown after touchdown on the Jags D. Tom threw 2, Blount ran in 3. That’s a 3-0 start, and 3 very impressive victories.

Through all of the punishments and stories Tom and the rest of the Pats stayed strong. As my brother would say,”there is no team that can beat the Pats”, the New England Patriots have gone 16-0 before, could it happen again?