Nashoba Boys Lacrosse Looks to Turn Things Around!

Trevor Sicard, Sports Management

Although the lacrosse team has had a slow start, they are looking towards turning things around. The team has experienced adversity of challenges over the past month or so, including a number of different injuries. It seems luck has not been in the Chieftains favor.

Despite their record of 0-7 for the year, a key player and their leading scorer from last year has only played in 3 of the 7 games. I got the chance to sit down with senior Robert Braceland (Plattsburgh Lacrosse Commit) and ask him a few questions regarding the season so far.

When asked about being back in the lineup and his future thoughts on the season, Robert responded with, “It feels good to be back, it was a long 4 games and it was hard to watch my team be able to play and lose and not be able to do anything about it. Our team has yet to have a full roster, so it’s been affecting us and our ability to play at our level with all of our injuries. Once we get our full roster back I think our season will start to turn around.”

The Chieftains recently fell short in overtime to the Patriots of North Middlesex on Thursday, April 28th, but they still have the chance to bounce back with a win tomorrow against Wachusett. Good luck Chieftains!

Nashoba attackman Robert Braceland beats North Middlesex goalie Jake Baron in the first quarter.  SENTINEL & ENTERPRISE / ED NISER

Nashoba attackman Robert Braceland / SENTINEL & ENTERPRISE