NGT Tennis Tournament

Lauren vonStetten, Contributor

With spring sports at Nashoba getting into a normal routine, the Girls Tennis Team has scheduled the first ever Nashoba Doubles Tennis Tournament. All proceeds will go directly to NGT. It will be a bracket with a final winner at the new courts on May 20th at 3:00. All doubles teams will play at least twice, win or lose. Plenty of rackets will be available for those who need them. The cost is $10 per pair, and money should be turned in by May 16th. For anyone who can’t make that date, raffle tickets are available with 1 ticket for $1 or 6 tickets for $5. 9 different prizes are available to win. There is a one hour private lesson with USPTA-certified elite pro Steve Winer, an iTunes giftcard, a TJ Maxx giftcard, a Horseshoe Pub giftcard, an Emma’s Cafe giftcard, a Colonial Candies giftcard, an Erikson’s Ice Cream giftcard, a Baked Goods basket, and a $25 cash prize.

Senior Co-Captain Emma Picaro shared her thoughts about the tournament. “I think the tournament is a great opportunity for people who normally wouldn’t have a chance to play tennis to have fun and be competitive while trying it out.  Hopefully there is a lot of interest so we can get a really fun tournament going.”

This tournament is a great opportunity for fun, and for students and teachers to experience competitive tennis. All the girls and boys that are on the tennis team will be participating, but are not allowed to play with a teammate.

Anyone who wants to play or enter a raffle can talk to a NGT member to sign up. Anyone can play, and there will be no maximum amount of people who can play.

The prizes and the playing will be tons of fun so sign up soon! All proceed go to NGT and raffles will be drawn the day of the tournament.

Good luck to all participants!