Twin Springs Golf Course

A great course for beginning golfers, conveniently located in scenic Bolton, Mass

Andrew Vittorioso, Contributor

In 1932, the Bates and Sonia families realized their dream and founded a new public golf course, to the delight of the residents of Bolton and Clinton. The families converted the farm land into a friendly nine hole golf course, originally known as the Mountain View Golf Links. The links allowed its customers to enjoy the various scenic views of central Massachusetts, especially that of Mount Wachusett, which can be seen from the sixth tee box.

Twin Springs is a local, affordable, fun, and easy golf course in Bolton, Massachusetts. It is especially great for a beginner golfer. It ranges a little over 2,500 yards, contrasting with The International, which is 8,325 yards (the longest golf course in the world).

Although it can result in some awkward shots or situations, ‘Twinnie’ is one the easiest golf courses in the state of Massachusetts. It is a par 34 with relatively slow greens, which allows putters to hit a little harder than an International member would. It allows one to hit precise iron shots from all over the place one progresses through the hilly terrain.

Twin Springs is determined to help golfers with their game, whether they are beginners or more experienced golfers just looking for a quick fix. The course offers private lessons of either a whole hour or a half. Also, groups of friends can participate in semi-private group lessons. Twin offers ladies’ clinics, which is a great way to get involved in the game of golf.

Over the summer, there are multiple camps and junior clinics for youth players. These are great for children of all ages to come out, have some fun, and learn about the game during their time off from school.

Twin Springs offers a variety of different leagues on most weekdays. It varies from Junior and senior leagues to weekly after work leagues.

So come on down and have a good time and grab some food at the Dogleg Cafe on your way out!